Wednesday, August 26, 2009

The Provision

I cracked open the fresh pages of my Beth Moore study this morning and had to smile. This semester I am doing “The Patriachs” study with a group of women at our church. This was our first week of homework and week one’s title “Leave Your Country,” hits a little close to home. I have been glued to the pages of the study today and find myself suddenly relating to the biblical story of Abraham more than I could have imagined.

I love how God provides the right word, scriptures, encouragement to us at just the right moments. I had to take the time this morning to confess to God my lack of trust in Him today. I had allowed doubts to creep into my mind and could see them overflowing in my words and thoughts as the morning progressed. I lamented this morning to someone my concern over selling our house before we left. Deep down I know I need to trust God with this, with everything, but if I am not careful, doubts and concerns can quickly overtake my confidence in Him.

And this is why I am thankful that God uses scripture and the words of others to affirm what he has already told us. Through his word this morning he showed me that his call on my life right now is for me to surrender, for me to let go. To let go not only of my physical surroundings, but also any fears or concerns that I have clung so tightly to. This quote from Beth Moore herself hit the nail on the head for me: “We won’t embrace with both hands what God has for us if we hold our lives in a death grip.”

Lord, give me strength to continually let go, to release my grip, to unclench my tightly held fists!

On another note of praise and provision, we sold my car last night! Yes dear friends, the car I have known as mine for the past 10 years is now gone. Not only that, but while we were in the process of turning over the keys to the new owner, we received a call from a dear family at our church who wanted to bless us with a car to drive in the meantime. So if you see a blue VW bug around the area, that’s me!

Thank you Lord for your provision and faithfulness. Thank you for those who are willing to bless us because you first blessed them. May we continue to share and rejoice in the many wonderful ways you provide.

No comments:

Post a Comment