Monday, October 19, 2009

A Fantastic Weekend...

Rolling into the driveway Sunday at midnight was exhausting, yet I was energized like never before! Nikki and I spent the weekend traveling to make the rounds before we move. We also wanted to share what God is doing in our lives. It started with a lunch in Nashville with a dear friend who has been an encouragement to me in youth ministry, Bruce Edwards. Then we took off to west TN to spend some time with my Aunt and Uncle at their cabin in Pickwick, TN. Saturday morning we took off to Jackson to see a former student and a girl Nikki discipled. Then we spent the rest of the day and evening with a family who invested in me and took me in while I was at college. Sunday morning I was able to go to Englewood Baptist in Jackson, which is where I served as an intern. Immediately after church we drove down to Bolivar, TN to have lunch with a family who lived 4 years in the DR. After about 3 hours of incredible stories and advice, we headed over to another dear friend's house for some rest. And finally, Sunday evening I had the wonderful privilege to speak/preach at FBC Bolivar!

As I prayed through what to say that night, I longed for God to get the glory and it not be about what "Brandon and Nikki" are doing. It is such a struggle for me in that we want to share with everyone how incredible/challenging/exciting/difficult/rewarding/joyful/humbling it is to follow hard after Christ, yet I never want it to seem like we are trying to "promote" ourselves.

I believe God truly answered that prayer. God clearly revealed HIMSELF last night and challenged them personally in their life. One lady came to me and said, "You know, I expected to come and hear a really neat story of what God was doing in your life, I had no idea that God wanted to speak so clearly to me."

If God is working in your life, look for opportunities to share it! Don't feel ashamed, because we have found that it is an encouragment to others! One of the best parts of the worship service last night was when a man from the congregation stood up after a song and shared a 4 minute testimony of how God was at work in his life! It was beautiful.

Too often we just talk theory that God changes lives and don't get to hear personal "real" evidence of it happening! What's the real evidence in your life that God is transforming you?

No comments:

Post a Comment